- The Half‐Shilling Curate – the story of the Rev. Herbert Butler Cowl C.F. M.C.
- The Battle of Cambrai – ‘Use tanks boldly, press success and demoralise the enemy’
- Remembering Cecil Kinross: An Unconventional Hero
- “The unwritten story of a great air fight” – William Reason Bishop and Douglas Fraser Mackintosh
- ‘Shot at dawn’ – the story of Herbert Morris
Tags1914 1915 1917 BBC BBC World War One at Home Canadian Expeditionary Force Conscientious Objectors Conscription Discoveries Easter First World War First World War Centenary From Street To Trench Gallipoli Imperial War Museum Imperial War Museums International Womens Day IWM IWM North Jutland King's Royal Rifles Letters of the First World War Life stories Liverpool Lives of the First World War London Regiment Mesopotamia newspapers Operation War Diary Passchendaele Postcard Prisoners of War Remember Remembrance Royal Flying Corps Somme Stephen Brown The National Archives VC Victoria Cross World War One WW1 WW1 Centenary WW1Centenary Ypres
Category Archives: Uncategorized
2015 has been another important year for Lives of the First World War. Together we marked key centenary anniversaries, including the Gallipoli campaign, the Battle of Loos and the death of Edith Cavell. We have welcomed over 30,000 new members, … Continue reading