- The Half‐Shilling Curate – the story of the Rev. Herbert Butler Cowl C.F. M.C.
- The Battle of Cambrai – ‘Use tanks boldly, press success and demoralise the enemy’
- Remembering Cecil Kinross: An Unconventional Hero
- “The unwritten story of a great air fight” – William Reason Bishop and Douglas Fraser Mackintosh
- ‘Shot at dawn’ – the story of Herbert Morris
Tags1914 1915 1917 BBC BBC World War One at Home Canadian Expeditionary Force Conscientious Objectors Conscription Discoveries Easter First World War First World War Centenary From Street To Trench Gallipoli Imperial War Museum Imperial War Museums International Womens Day IWM IWM North Jutland King's Royal Rifles Letters of the First World War Life stories Liverpool Lives of the First World War London Regiment Mesopotamia newspapers Operation War Diary Passchendaele Postcard Prisoners of War Remember Remembrance Royal Flying Corps Somme Stephen Brown The National Archives VC Victoria Cross World War One WW1 WW1 Centenary WW1Centenary Ypres
Tag Archives: Cyril Pearce
To mark International Conscientious Objector Day on 15 May, the Pearce Register has been added as a free record set on Lives of the First World War. The Pearce Register of British World War One Conscientious Objectors includes over 16,500 records of men … Continue reading